What’s Hot this Weekend: Coachella
This weekend kicks off Coachella! The mega music festival with over 200 acts taking the stage. Coachella is the perfect mix of style, live entertainment, day drinking, and celeb spotting. Here’s our breakdown of where to stay, play, and wear at Coachella 2013. Have fun! (Can’t make it to the desert? Catch it streaming live)
Where to Stay:
Are you the camping type? Well if so, then this is the music festival for you. On-site camping is available, but sells out quickly each year. Not really into camping? (Neither am I) But given that the nearest hotel is 25 miles away and even the celebs get down and dirty, if there ever was a time to camp this would be it.
In case the 25 miles plus does not deter you from staying in a hotel, we recommend the Renaissance Esmeralda Indian Wells Resort. The hotel has a great spa, a sandy beach pool, and delish onsite restaurants.
Where to Play:
When the sun goes down, it is time to keep the party going all night long.
Friday, April 12:
· Diesel + EDUN toast their Studio Africa project with three days of music-filled fun. Beats curated by The Embassy. Tally Horse Ranch (55075 Monroe St). 11am—5pm daily, April 12—14. Free and open to all. RSVP: email@example.com.
· H&M is throwing a super exclusive party that will feature performances by Santigold and The Dough Rollers. Private Estate in La Quinta. 12pm—4pm. Invite-only.
· BCBG and Benefit Cosmetics present the Style & Beauty Bungalow co-hosted by bloggers Rumi Neely of Fashiontoast, Alexandra Spencer of 4th and Bleeker and Jennifer Grace of the Native Fox. A kickoff poolside event will be co-hosted by the bloggers and joined by BCBG’s Lubov Azria and Benefit’s Annie Ford Danielson. Guests can enjoy music by DJ Chris Kennedy and power up at the BOOSTCASE Lounge. 12pm—4pm. Invite-only.
· Ace Hotel celebrates five years of its annual Desert Gold party with two weeks of back-to-back action daily. Flying Lotus will bring the glitchy beats while Miss Lily’s will serve up jerk goodness and Caribbean sounds. Learn more and claim your spot here.
· Flaunt Magazine and Le Baron host a pop-up at the deemed artist son’s of Coachella Valley the Datefarmer’s warehouse/studio just two miles from the fairgrounds. Music curated by Kitsunè and “pleasurable torture” provided by Smashbox Studio. Black Banditz will also be doing an exclusive tattoo collaboration. 85591 Grapefruit Blvd, 11pm—6am. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, April 13:
· SPIN presents SPIN House—a day-long pool party filled with drinks, ping pong and performances by ANTWON, King Tuff, Nite Jewel and Chrome Sparks. Be sure to hashtag photos #SPINHouse to be printed on-site. The Commune At Ace Hotel & Swim Club (701 E Palm Canyon Dr). 12pm—5pm. Admission based on capacity. RSVP here.
· Guess? is getting into the party spirit at The Guess Hotel. Performances by The Misshapes, The Knocks, The Classix and more, with healthy libations by Pressed Juicery. Viceroy Palm Springs (415 S Belardo Rd) 12—5pm daily, Saturday and Sunday. Invite-only.
· Lacoste L!VE’s desert pool party is an obviously must-stop. Music by Ana Calderon and Chris Holmes, with special guests Alexa Chung, Elijah Wood, Leandra Medine (aka The Man Repeller, AnnaSophia Robb and more. Undisclosed location in Thermal. 1pm—6pm daily, Saturday and Sunday. RSVP here.
· A|X Armani Exchange presents its annual, awesome Neon Carnival. Music by Jesse Marco, Jus Ske and Kayper, and specialty cocktails provided by SVEDKA Vodka. Undisclosed location, 10pm—late. Invite-only.
What to Wear:
Have fun out there ladies
Love & Travel,
The Escape Artists