What’s Hot This Weekend: Retail Therapy
The deals may be amazing, but the lines, lack of parking, and chaos can be a lot to handle when shopping Black Friday weekend. If you are brave enough to make your way to the mall this weekend, we wanted to make sure we provided you with our top 5 tips to make the experience as smooth as possible.
1. Dress comfortably! Wear neutral layers so you can try on some pieces without having to stand in line for the dressing room. I like to wear leggings, flats, a long tank top and a long cardigan.
2. Do your homework! Do a little research online. Make sure you have scanned ads and have coupons in hand ahead of time and have a plan as to what you plan to buy. This way you do not get caught up in spending on things you absolutely do not need.
3. Smile! I find being nice to associates can go a long way. Imagine how tough it is for the individuals working this weekend, a friendly attitude goes a long way. I have received extra coupons and have been moved up in line as a result of being nice to an associate.
4. Have a tasty beverage in hand! Having coffee, tea, or hot cider in hand makes the chaos seem not so bad. It also gives you something to focus on if you are stuck in a long line.
5. Shop online if you can! Sometimes you can find a comparable deal online. If you account for gas and your time, paying a little more online can actually be a better deal.
Remember this Saturday is Small Business Saturday. Get out and support your local small businesses!
Love & Travel,
The Escape Artists